Jane Schafer-Kramer 916-653-4441 firstname.lastname@example.org
Siran Erysian, Jason Harbaugh, Robyn Starr, Marill Jacobson, Jaime Matteoli, Todd Flackus, Marcia Scavone-Tansey, Christina Boggs, Steven Springhorn, Gary Darling, Nicholas George; Danny Luong,Christina Boggs, Paul Shipman, Monica Markel, Melody Baldwin
Members are listed here but membership is open to all who are interested and wish to be involved, please contact the chairperson to become active.
Meetings are held monthly or as needed, usually on the Monday preceding the EGC Meeting, from 9:30 to 10:30AM
Next meeting: September 14, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Resources Building Room 210 and WebEx. Email Jane if you have any questions.
Facilitator: Jane Schafer-Kramer
WebEx connection link:https://resources.webex.com/resources/j.php?MTID=m15b1fcef92961d1224de57b9110959ec
Attendee access code: 6137175
Mission and Objectives Statement:
The mission of the Subcommittee is to promote training related to GIS to meet the needs of DWR staff and the Enterprise GIS Committee (EGC), to distribute information related to GIS to DWR staff, to encourage use and understanding of GIS in the Department, and to administer training-related aspects of the DWR Enterprise License Agreement with Esri. To address these goals the Subcommittee will:
- disseminate important information to the DWR GIS community by administering the GIS Workgroup email list-server and the EGC web page
- coordinate internal GIS training classes and seminars
- provide information on external GIS training resources
- recommend to the EGC a distribution process for, and assist with the administration of, the Learning and Service credits and ESRI User Conference passes that are provided with the DWR contract with ESRI
- hold an annual GIS conference for DWR staff
ArcGIS Desktop Version 10 Tutorial documentation
ArcGIS Desktop comes with a series of tutorials. The PDF documentation for these 10.0 tutorials can be obtained here.
For Version 10.1, go to the online Resource Center here and type "tutorials" in the search box.
For Version 10.2, go to the online Resource Center here and click on "ArcGIS tutorials" in the table of contents.
NOTE: Your local IT Client Support folks can help with getting the Tutorial data installed to your system.
FREE Esri Web-Based Self-Study Training Available